Sunday, April 5, 2009

Did you know that assumptions are considered the lowest form of knowledge?

So I try not to. I do try.

I think assumption making is not only foolish, but a form of emotional suicide.

And yet we continue to go about life, reacting off of everything we make believe to be true.

Got a question? Ask it.
Want something? Go for it.
Afraid of someone? Please. That's only being afraid of yourself.

In the past month or so, my dreams have been following a trend. Anyone that knows me knows that I can fall asleep anywhere. Sitting up, out in public, in a car, in a noisy room, doesn't matter. I have never had trouble sleeping - staying awake is another story. Anyways, every night I dream about the day I had before - same events, same people, but a little more dramatized and crazy. I wonder why, but I think I have an idea. I'm not a dramatic person, and my days are pretty tame. But that doesn't mean that I don't need a little "oomph" now and again.

I've recently payed an overdue visit to my favorite little comedian, Calvin, and he puts it best.

"Why isn't my life like a situation comedy? Why don't I have a bunch of friends with nothing better to do but drop by and instigate wacky adventures? Why aren't my conversations peppered with spontaneous witticisms? Why don't my friends demonstrate heartfelt concern for my well being when I have problems? ...I gotta get my life some writers."

I accept maturity as a form of chilling out. We gain tools as we get older to quash the inner toddler in us who wants to throw a tantrum when his cookie breaks in two. But it doesn't make the feelings just go away.

My cookie broke. Good thing I didn't assume it was indestructible.

No comments: